Today saw the official launch of the Twitter “follow” button which can be added to your website to increase engagement and create a lasting connection with your audience.
I reckon that this is going to be a great way to gain new followers organically through visits to your site or blog.
So you want to add the Twitter “follow” button to your site do you? If you’re using WordPress it’s a piece of cake. It will literally take you 5 minutes! Follow the steps below:
2. It takes 4 steps – first add your Twitter username (e.g. my Twitter username is @pedrodasilvauk). Then select your background colour of preference and select whether you’d like to display a follower count or not. And lastly, select your language.
If you choose not to display a follower count, your Twitter Follow button will look like this:
If you choose to display a follower count, your Twitter Follow button will look like this:
3. Copy the Twitter Button code you’d prefer and paste it into Notepad or other text editor.
4. Login to your WordPress sites administrator panel.
5. Click on Appearance -> Widgets and drag a Text widget to your sidebar.
6. Paste the Twitter Follower Button code you copied earlier on into the WordPress text widget. Save the changes!
7. Preview the result in your WordPress website or blog and test!
Note: Once you’re following a user that has the Twitter Follow button installed on their site and while you’re logged into Twitter, the Twitter Follow button should show you that you’re already following that relevant Twitter account.
Easy hey? Great. Go and setup the Twitter Follow button as a widget in WordPress…
Latest posts by Pedro Da Silva (see all)
- Google Analytics Advanced Segments: 96 Useful Organic Search Segments for European Markets - 7 December 2014
- Conversion Rate Optimisation Wrap-Up – October 2012 - 31 October 2012
- Google Search Algorithm: 4 Updates In 2 Weeks - 10 October 2012
- SEO “How To”: Useful Posts Published In September 2012 - 3 October 2012
- Streamzoo Is Better Than Instagram - 14 September 2012