I’ve had my Samsung Galaxy S for about a year now. It’s great. I love it! But there has been one thing about it that really has gotten on my nerves and that’s been driving me nuts – Samsung Kies: the piece of software that theoretically allows you to manage and update the Galaxy S… Pffft! Lies I tell you!
My mate @pauldesousa and I both own a Galaxy S smartphone and both of us have wracked our brains in trying to get the firmware updated using Kies. Neither of us were successful and I can safely say that we’re technically advanced and resourceful individuals when it comes to tech stuff.
If I had to add up the hours I’ve spent in trying to get Kies working on several PC’s and laptops I am sure it would equate to at least a couple of days.
Anyway. The major pain in my @$$ that I experienced with Kies is now officially over.
I won’t lie – when I first saw the link I thought “Great. Probably yet another way of me getting frustrated with my Galaxy S and my inability to upgrade the firmware.”
Well all I can say is that to my surprise I managed to upgrade my firmware from Eclair to Gingerbread without any problems whatsoever (unless you count my ID:10T error of not backing up my text messages and other items first… Doh!)
Highly recommended if you’re having hassles with Kies.
Latest posts by Pedro Da Silva (see all)
- Google Analytics Advanced Segments: 96 Useful Organic Search Segments for European Markets - 7 December 2014
- Conversion Rate Optimisation Wrap-Up – October 2012 - 31 October 2012
- Google Search Algorithm: 4 Updates In 2 Weeks - 10 October 2012
- SEO “How To”: Useful Posts Published In September 2012 - 3 October 2012
- Streamzoo Is Better Than Instagram - 14 September 2012