Google Takeout is a great new feature/service included in Google+ that allows you to export your Google data. Google Takeout allows you to export all of your contacts, Google Buzz messages, Picasa Web photos and Google Profile data with just one click…
So I gave Google Takeout a quick test drive!
After logging in, you get the screen below – you have 3 options to select: “All of your data”, “Choose services” and “Downloads”.
I decided to select which services I wanted to “Takeout”.
I selected “Add all services” and then the dashboard displayed below appeared with stats about the data it found in my active Google profiles. I then clicked on CREATE ARCHIVE.
I then clicked on the “Downloads” button and was presented with the screen below with a summary on what Google profile data had been successfully archived.
Notice the red bar next to my main profile archive which I am positive failed because of all the current changes that must be taking place in the backend for the rollout of the Google+ project…
…which must be why I got the error message below when trying to checkout my Google Takeout!
Either way Google Takeout is a great feature and one which I am sure will come in very handy for millions…
Latest posts by Pedro Da Silva (see all)
- Google Analytics Advanced Segments: 96 Useful Organic Search Segments for European Markets - 7 December 2014
- Conversion Rate Optimisation Wrap-Up – October 2012 - 31 October 2012
- Google Search Algorithm: 4 Updates In 2 Weeks - 10 October 2012
- SEO “How To”: Useful Posts Published In September 2012 - 3 October 2012
- Streamzoo Is Better Than Instagram - 14 September 2012