Did you know that you can now link your Blogger profile to your Google+ profile?
Yes, that’s right, in Google’s aggressive quest to combine all of its services and platforms with Google+ you are now able to link your blogs on Blogger to your Google+ profile “Contributor to” sidebar of your profile.
It’s totally optional (at this point in time) but I think it’s a good idea to connect & integrate your Blogger profile with Google+ if you’d like to boost your natural profile building as well as drive traffic from your Google+ profile to your blog(s).
How to connect your blogs on Blogger to your Google+ profile:
1. From your Blogger dashboard, click on the Blogger options icon, and select “Connect to Google+” from the drop-down menu.
2. By linking your Blogger profile to your Google+ account you will be replacing your Blogger profile with your public Google+ profile which will allow you to:
- Share Blogger posts to your Google+ stream
- Make your posts visible to your social connections in the Google SERPs
- Ensures you get access to new Google+ features
Once you’ve read through the important notes and how it works, place a check mark in tick box that asks if you are aware that all of your Blogger blogs will be associated with your public Google+ profile, and then click on “Switch Now”.
3. You’ll be asked to reconfirm your identity by logging in to your Google account again. Input your Google account profile password and click on “Sign in”.
4. Select which of your Blogger blogs you’d like to display on your Google+ profile or alternatively you can skip this step.
In my case, out of the 4 Blogger blogs I contribute to, I opted to only display one of those blogs publicly for now. Once you’ve made your selection, click on “Add Blogs”.
5. You’ve now added your Blogger blogs to your Google+ profile.
You should also notice that all your blogs you contribute to in Blogger – actually the ones which you confirmed you would like to display publicly on your Google+ profile – will now be listed under the “Contributor to” section of your public Google+ profile.
Making this connection is great for your or your businesses online visibility in the Google SERPs.
I recommend you make this connection to make your posts visible to your social connections!
If you’re not happy about having made this change, Google will allow you to revert back to your “old” Blogger profile within 30 days from the date that you initiated the profile switch.
Latest posts by Pedro Da Silva (see all)
- Google Analytics Advanced Segments: 96 Useful Organic Search Segments for European Markets - 7 December 2014
- Conversion Rate Optimisation Wrap-Up – October 2012 - 31 October 2012
- Google Search Algorithm: 4 Updates In 2 Weeks - 10 October 2012
- SEO “How To”: Useful Posts Published In September 2012 - 3 October 2012
- Streamzoo Is Better Than Instagram - 14 September 2012